Mental Health First Aid, 4202A
March 2, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
March Mental Health Awareness:
Phyllis Finley, a Certified Instructor with the Denton County MHMR Center will be on campus to teach a 4 part series surrounding Mental Health. This program will teach you the risk factors and warning signs of specific types of illnesses, like anxiety, depression, suicidal behavior and substance use.
Each course is 2 hours, and if you are not able to stay for the entire session, please attend for as long as possible to gain real life experience and be prepared when the time comes to help someone in crisis.
Participants, who are able to attend all 4 sessions, will receive a certificate for taking the Mental Health First Aid course from MHMR. All sessions will take place at System BSC from 9:00 a.m. – 11: 00 a.m. To register for any of the following sessions, click on the links below and by attending, you will be able to take away:
- What is Mental Health First Aid
- Statics of Mental Health in the USA
- First Aid Action Plan
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety
- Facts about Suicidal thoughts and behaviors
- Warning Signs
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Use Listening Skills
- How to Take Action.
- Symptoms of a Panic Attack
- Affects by a Traumatic Event
- Understand Disorders in which Psychosis may occur
- Acute Psychosis
- Understand substance use disorders
- First Aid for Overdose
- First Aid for Withdrawal
- Using Mental Health First Aid